Thursday, July 17, 2008

Maddy Prior & The Carnival Band - Hang Up Sorrow & Care (England 1996) @320

.
01. Prodigal's Resolution (Anon 18th century)
02. 5 Playford Tunes (from Playford's "English Dancing Master")
03. The World is Turned Upside Down (Anon 17th cent)
04. Jovial Beggar (Anon 17th cent)
05. Leathern Bottle (Anon 17th cent)
06. Iantha (Anon English 18th cent)
07. An Thou were my ain Thing (Anon Scottish 18th cent)
08. Oh that I had but a Fine Man (Pelham Humphry)
09. Now O Now I needs must part (John Dowland)
10. Man is for the Woman made (Henry Purcell)
11. A Northern Catche/The Little Barleycorne (John Hilton/Trad)
12. Granny's Delight/My Lady Foster's Delight (Anon 18th cent)
13. A Round of Three Country Dances in One (Thomas Ravenscroft)
14. Youth's the Season Made for Joys (Words: John Gay/Tune: anon)
15. In The Days of my Youth (Words: John Gay/Tune: anon)
16. Never weatherbeaten sail (Thomas Campion)
17. Old Simon the King (Anon)


Maddy Prior: vocals
William Badley: baroque guitar, lute, acoustic guitar, electric guitar, banjo mandolin, vocals
Andrew Davis: double bass
Giles Lewin: violin, recorders, hoboy, mandolin, vocals
Andrew Watts: Flemish bagpipes, shalmes, curtals, recorders, melodica, kazoo, vocals
Rafaello Mizraki: drums, percussion, cello, Hammond organ, vocals


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Crimson King (This one was missing in my shelf)!!!...
Let me ask you: have you ever heard about an album called "The Tale Veil. The Story of Englishman and its Beer"? If you ever come across this gem please post it. Back in the eighties I had a k7 with part of the album - made of songs in praise of beer... - and it's truly gorgeous!!! Some time ago I also posted a comment, or a request, at TimeHasToldMe blog, but no one answered. I think it is a very rare recording, never issued on cd, I think...
Well... thanks again!...

One Love
Marley

CrimsonKing said...

No Marley, unhappily.
Never heard about it. Sorry.

Anonymous said...

These are wonderful albums. Have you ever heard of (or have any) from a group called Magpie Lane?

Thanks again!

CrimsonKing said...

I have only the album "Magpie Lane - Jack-in-the Green".

cianfulli said...

The Tale Veil. The Story of Englishman and its Beer

it's
The tale of ale
and you can download it elsewhere

Twil said...

Thanks for this one, I found it in a Charity Shop on cassette and wore it out in the car. Thanks again!

Anonymous said...

I will not agree on it. I over warm-hearted post. Specially the title attracted me to study the whole story.

CrimsonKing said...

.
NEW LINK

Hang Up Sorrow & Care


Password: folkyourself.blogspot.com
.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Followers