Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Fernhill - Ca' Nôs (1996 Wales) @320

.
Julie Murphy on vocals; Andy Cutting, button accordionist extraordinaire, who had recently worked in a duo with fiddler Chris Wood and in collaborations with June Tabor and Sting; Ceri Rhys Matthews, leading figure of Welsh piping plays cittern, lute, clarinet, and Pastoral oboe; and Jonathan Shorland, outstanding Welsh flautist who has long been associated with the music and musicians of Brittany. Fernhill - playing a mix of Welsh, Breton, and English music, and ranging from romantic ballad to ritualistic dance songs.

01. Ffarwel I Aberystwyth 3.16
02. Cowboi 2.57
03. Brigg Fair 6.52
04. Gwenith Gwyn 3.04
05. Ridees Pastwn Mawr 5.22
06. March Glas 3.40
07. Le Gabier De Terre-Neuve 6.19
08. Lloer Dirion 4.04
09. Banks Of The Nile 9.44
10. Pilons L'Herbe 3.24


Julie Murphy: vocals
Andy Cutting: accordion
Ceri Rhys Matthews: bagpipes, cittern, lute, clarinet, oboe
Jonathan Shorland: flute


11 comments:

Pedro from Argentina said...

I would like some ALAN STIVEL please.I am from Argentina.

CrimsonKing said...

Soon I will post Alan Stivel.
Thanks for your request.
Any special album?

mirrorblue said...

This is terrific, hadn't heard it before. Thanks very much.

Elfcall said...

Diolch!

Gael said...

Thanks very much-'twas great!

Anonymous said...

I love Julie Murphy's voice and was really looking forward to hearing this - thanks for the opportunity! However, I cannot unpack the zipped .rar file - my PC says "does not appear to be a valid file or archive" - anyone have any suggestions to assist me??!!
Cheers!
Ricki.

CrimsonKing said...

Try to download it again Ricki.
And check if you have an updated WinRAR version.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, CK -
I took your advice. I am now using winRAR instead of PowerDesk to unzip - and - no problems!
THANKS!!
Cheers,
Ricki

CrimsonKing said...

Ok Ricki.
I'm a PowerDesk user too, but I never have been used their Zip/RAR features.
Always is better to use the original programs to manage the compressed files.
:)

morinia said...

Hello CrimsonKing,

What a wonderful music, I am listening to it now and loving every second of it!!
Thanks so much.

CrimsonKing said...

.
NEW LINK:

Ca' Nôs

PW: folkyourself.blogspot.com
.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Followers