Sunday, September 13, 2009

Julie Murphy - Black Mountains Revisited (1999 Wales) @320

.
Fernhill vocalist Julie Murphy has just released an outstanding solo album with accompaniment by some of the finest acoustic players of the present-day. Featured artists include slide guitar wizard Martin Simpson and the legendary double bassist Danny Thompson as well as hurdy-gurdy maestro Nigel Eaton, Julie's partner in the innovative duo Whirling Pope Joan.

01 - Oxford City
02 - The Farmer (A Love Song)
03 - Polly Vaughan
04 - Bethel
05 - As In The Market
06 - Sylvie
07 - Two Sisters
08 - Are You Ready
09 - Black Is The Colour

Julie Murphy: Vocals
Danny Thompson: Bass
Dylan Fowler: Guitar
Martin Simpson: Guitar
Doug Robinson: Bass
Stacey Blythe: Piano, Organ
Lynne Denman: Vocals
Nigel Eaton: Hurdy-gurdy
Neil Woollard: Vocals
Kate Ronconi-Woollard: Fiddle
Ceri Mattthews: Cittern

7 comments:

CrimsonKing said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
N said...

I just found your blog and I'm discovering some great new music here. Thank you!

surcouf said...

Thanks for introducing me this charming voice from Cymru. May peace be with you.

ralph11 said...

I love your blog and wish to express my thanks. You do wonderful work and have allowed me to discover many wonderful artists.
At the same time, let me say that I hold no love for Rapidshare. For example, it will take me 1 hour to download this post as I am not a member. To my knowledge, they hold the crown as the worst of the slow.
ralph11

CrimsonKing said...

Sorry ralph11, but Rapidshare is the only one I have payed. I have tons of albums there and is impossible change their location now.
And, after Megaupload, I don't know how Rapidshare has survived until now.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for all of your good posts. I am listening to the last Julie Murphy's album et thanks to you I will discover the anterior lp's. Jehro

CrimsonKing said...

.
NEW LINK:

Black Mountains Revisited

PW: folkyourself.blogspot.com
.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Followers