Thursday, September 20, 2012

Dick Gaughan - A Different Kind of Love Song (Scotland 1983) @320


After the surprising success of 'Handful of Earth', I was faced with a problem in terms of making a new recording. I had no intention of making 'HoE' Mark 2. I new I couldn't and that, at that stage in my musical development, 'HoE' was the best I could hope to achieve in adding something worthwhile to the reinterpretation of traditional Scots song in an acoustic setting. If I tried to do it again, I would be in danger of becoming formulaic and mechanistic and I have always held a deep suspicion towards "style" for its own sake.
Also, as I said in what I wrote about 'Handful of Earth', "It was quite clearly time to stop reporting and start participating." This album was my putting that into action.


01 - A Different Kind Of Love Song
02 - Revolution
03 - Prisoner 562 - Song Of Choice
04 - The Father's Song
05 - Think Again
06 - As I Walked On The Road
07 - Stand Up For Judas
08 - By The People
09 - Games People Play
10 - Lassie Lie Near Me
11 - Your Daughter And Your Sons
12 - The Floo'ers Of The Forest


Dick Gaughan: Vocal, Guitars
Judy Sweeney: Vocal
Bob Lenox: Keyboards
Dave Pegg: Bass
Allan Tall: Saxophone
Willie Lindfors: Drums, Percussion
Dave Tulloch: Drums on "Revolution"


11 comments:

CrimsonKing said...

.
A Different Kind of Love Song (RS)
or
A Different Kind of Love Song (MF)

Password: folkyourself.blogspot.com
.

Gin said...

Thank you! Thank you very very much!!

CrimsonKing said...

You're welcome Gin :)

Twil said...

Thank you for this one, this is much appreciated, thank you!

Anonymous said...

Cheers KC - David, UK

Freg said...

A great album from a mighty talent.

I have this on vinyl but no way to play vinyl any more, so this is much appreciated.

Thanks!

Phil said...

Thank you for the two latest Dick Gaughan albums - a real treat.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for ALL your great posts, much appreciated! -MB

Anonymous said...

thanks for all these Dick Gaughan uploads. Yours remains the best music blog I've ever found. Cheers

Michael

Draen said...

can you please repost this? thanx!

CrimsonKing said...

NEW LINK:

A Different Kind of Love Song


Password: folkyourself.blogspot.com
.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Followers