Saturday, August 8, 2015

Toctoctoc - L'ombre et la lumière (France 2014) @320



"The shadow and the light" reveal dark and glittering universes, spontaneous reflections of the spirit of the women and the men in our time duality these songs of which are inspired.
The "popular" instrumentation (hurdy-gurdy with wheel, diatonic accordion, diverse instruments with breath and obviously the voice) turns to a sensitive and creative sound which accompanies you, like a sound and poetic laboratory, in the world of the current traditional musics, in perpetual evolution.
TOCTOCTOC, it's the need to create a sound space inside, which it is possible to let live positive feelings, but also the bitternesses of the life, real commitment to make expanding of a message of sharing and confrontation.
As in the dance, in which the public is invited, the meeting remains the best moment of our existences, ceaseless alternation of shadow and light.


Tracklist: 
1. Ronde au réveil (rondeau en couple) 5:12
2. Topé savait comment (scottish) 4:56
3. L'ombre et la lumière (mazurka) 4:32
4. He Did & He Didn't (polka) 2:57
5. En route (polka) 1:43 
6. Pierres précieuses (kost ar c'hoad) 3:19
7. L'Exil (hanter dro) 6:59 
8. Cachaça (bourrée 3 temps) 1:17
9. Mandarina Punch (bourrée 2 temps) 2:33 
10. Notte Tempo (valse) 3:21
11. L'ombre du hibou / Kuma (cercles circassiens) 5:01 
12. Spooke Boelet (polska) 3:44
13. La lune n'existe pas (polska) 5:01 
14. Aziman / Ouaivazy (bourrées 2 temps) 7:46
15. C'était bien (mazurka) 5:35 

Musicians : 
Vincent Boniface (cornemuse, clarinette, flûtes, accordéon diatonique et percussions)
Anne-Lise Foy (chant, vielles à roue) 
Stéphane Milleret (accordéon diatonique, accordina)

9 comments:

Yojik said...

L'ombre et la lumière
pass: folkyourself.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

As quick as a flash!
Yojik, you are super.
Thank you very much.
Cino

Feilimid O'Broin said...

Many thanks for this and for the time and effort expended in maintaining this blog. Although I have commented previously, the interval between comments has been too long. Lack of comments creates the appearance of ingratitude or an incorrect presumption on the part of the follower that the blog will be around forever; that is, complacency if you will. Yet one doesn’t want to appear to be a blog vampire sucking the music out for sustenance and flying silently off into the night, so I thank you for this and so much else that you post that constitutes folk music in the truest sense. As much as I enjoy contemporary “folk music’’ here in the United States, it is, in truth, mostly contemporary singer-songwriter music and rarely genuine folk music such as was showcased by Harry Smith in his great collection. Your blog is unique in providing great music from so many sources and countries that is either genuine or, alternatively, modern interpretations of traditional music. I know it is unrealistic to wish so, but I hope it lasts forever. So much of what you post is not well known or readily available in this country. The music you post from Galicia, Breton, Scotland, Wales, and Ireland is alone worth the price of admission.

I am neither a musician nor understand the technical aspects of music so I often refrain from commenting under the assumption that folks who are far more knowledgeable will comment with insight and acumen. So I don’t comment on every post I enjoy for fear of not making sense or being sufficiently articulate and succinct, but I follow you diligently and listen to everything posted here. And, too, I feel the need from time to time to simply say thanks. For me, music is always a joyful experience that illustrates the best inspired creativity of human beings and often transcends the needs for language because it reaches depths of what some might call the soul. It epitomizes the best effort of human beings to communicate to others. Needless to say, I am so grateful that this blog has made me aware of and directed me to purchase music that enhances that joy and that I otherwise would not have known. I suspect that there are others like me, albeit less verbose, who greatly appreciate what you do but are hesitant to comment. In brief, go raibh mille math agat agus saol fada a thabhairt duit.

Jon said...

What an excellent commentary! You stated succinctly what a lot of us feel. Having followed this blog for a number of years it's been my great pleasure to get to know Crimson King a little and a finer person can't be found. Likewise a finer comment then yours also cannot be found.

CrimsonKing said...

Thank you for your comment Feilimid.
I am happy to keep this blog for folk music lovers around the world. I do this for fun and leisure, having no idea of earning a penny from it. Instead, invest part of my time in it.
So it is interesting to read your opinion about the fact that many people do not leave, not even a thank you comment.
Many times I wanted to give this whole project, but thanks to the encouragement of some, like Jon, and even you now, I really want to continue it. I now have the help of Yojik with his vast Folk music knowledge.
Thank you for your words. An excellent and sincere comment.

Anonymous said...

Thank you CK! Great job! :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for a new album from TocTocToc. I really enjoyed an earlier album from them, and others by Anne Lise Foy, but I have lost all contact with the French folk music scene.

RTJ in USA

Mazurka.PT said...

I LOVE Toctoctoc.. I have Bonsoir Clara ! and is just lovely! Thank you so much :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks to both Yojik and CrimsonKing, you are great!!! :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Followers